Lots of fun stuff going on over here...Saturday night, Brandon and I went out to dinner to celebrate closing on our house and to enjoy what is probably our last night out before Caroline is here. It was so much fun to spend time together and I know the kids had a blast playing with Aunt Heather and Uncle Kevin and Tyler...we got home and put the kids to bed and I was exhausted...and then the contractions started and didn't stop for a good 5 hours...I was seriously considering going to the hospital, but they finally stopped. At some point during the night, I heard Charlotte cough a little bit, but didn't think anything of it...but when Brandon went in to get her up Sunday morning, she had thrown up all in her crib, poor girl, I can't believe she didn't cry or anything! So he stayed home with her and I got Timothy out of there so we could (hopefully) avoid the germs. Charlotte was fine by Sunday night and has been back to her normal, fussy, prissy, girly little self since then. It hit Brandon yesterday and he spent the day in bed and the kids and I spent the day out of the house avoiding the germs. So far, Timothy and I have been safe, but we'll give it a few more days before I'm sure! I'm really not feeling great tonight, but who knows what that could be from!
Monday I had my 37 week check up. I was dilated to 1cm, but not effaced and she hasn't dropped at all. I figured some progress is better than nothing, so I wasn't too upset. The thing that worried me most was the doc said she's measuring really small (like closer to 30 weeks), but she didn't seem concerned so I'm trying to not worry! I got back again Monday, and I'm thinking we're making even more progress because the contractions are really picking up this week and (TMI WARNING) I think I'm starting to lose my mucus plug, so I'm hoping that means we're getting closer to delivery. I've been trying to rock on my exercise ball as much as I can hoping that will help her move into the right spot but it usually makes the contractions worse so I can't do it for too long without being in too much pain!
I feel like we have so much to do before she gets here, but at the same time, I'm also just thinking it would make things a little easier to just get it over with and then I might not have so much stress! I do need to clean up her bassinet though and get a fresh coat of paint on there, that's the priority for this weekend!!
So that's our life in a nutshell right now...I'm living for Mondays when I get to see my doctor and see how much closer we are to baby time, while at the same time stressing about what else needs to get done around here. It's lots of fun, trust me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment