That has been my theme for the past three months...I'll find time later, but it's not really happening. Sorry, a lot has been going on over here, but finding time to sit down and type it all out with pictures has been hard! So...what have we done since early May?
Brandon was gone for two weeks in May and two weeks in June, so the kids and I pretty much just hung out at home and at the Y and school and didn't do too much. We had a lot going on at the end of the school year with programs and Kindergarten graduation stuff so that kept the kids busy and I was busy with end of year PTA (for some reason, that I can't remember now, I agreed to chair fundraising next year and a lot had to get done before school was out). The kids finished out the year great, Charlotte made so much progress in just two months, I couldn't believe it! Timothy finished top of his class in reading and did great, that boy LOVES to read!
So right after school got out, Brandon left for a class for two weeks at the end of June and when he came back, he and Timothy left for a few days to go to church camp, I still can't believe Timothy was old enough for camp, but he had such a great time, he still keeps asking me when he will get to go back. Thanks again to everyone that emailed him a campergram, he was so excited! They came back from camp on the 4th of July and we had a cookout and bike parade at church that night. Brandon had taken the camera with him to camp and the battery died, so I didn't get any pictures at the parade, but the kids loved it and Charlotte even won a prize!
This past week we enjoyed getting to see my nephews from TX. My parents took all the boys and myself and Heather to Great Wolf Lodge for a night last week, that was the coolest place ever. Timothy had so much fun, he keeps begging us to go back (like tomorrow!) so we promised him we'd go back sometime this winter.
Since then, we have been busy little bees getting everything ready for VBS, which started last night. The first night went so well, We had about 75 kids and probably twice as many adults, I don't know if anyone counted that, but there were a LOT of people there!! We got till Wednesday night so hopefully by Thursday I can spend an entire day at home doing absolutely nothing!!
So the kids...Timothy has really become a reader, he loves to read pretty much anything, especially Dr. Seuss books and he loves for us to read to him, his favorites right now for us to read are old Hardy Boys books.
Charlotte went to Princess Camp earlier this month and had so much fun learning about her favorite princesses. She still loves to "read" as well and will usually sit and pull all the books off our bookshelf and look through them all.
They have both enjoyed playing out in the yard this summer, the weather has been so nice! Timothy has made a lot of friends in the neighborhood so he's usually out riding bikes with the boys and Charlotte and the girl next door play together a lot too.
Caroline has become such a talker, she repeats EVERYTHING you say to her! Her Bible class teachers told me she has such a cute personality. She also loves to dance and will stop playing and just twirl, she loves it. She loves playing with baby dolls and she is also becoming a climber. I caught her the other day with one leg over the side of her crib so I'm hoping she won't figure out how to climb out of there any time soon!! She has an obsession right now with opening and closing doors too.
And I think that catches us up to now. We don't have any plans that I know of for the rest of the summer so I'm hoping we can get some work done around the house before school starts in September!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment