Monday, June 25, 2012

JDRF 2012

I know I'm really really late posting about this, but May was so super busy that I seriously just forgot...but anyway, this was our 4th year walking for TEAM TY for a cure for juvenile diabetes.  Thankfully, the way Timothy's soccer schedule worked out this year, we were able to all be there for the walk and then go to soccer right after (and just as a side note, I didn't take one single picture of him playing soccer this year, total mom failure right here). 

Because the walk has grown so large, they had to move it again so this year we were at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, where the Tacoma Rainiers play minor league baseball.  It was so much fun to be there and the kids had a blast.  Timothy made me cry so bad though, about halfway through the walk, he asked me where Tyler was and I told him that he was much faster than us so he was probably closer to the front of the group than in the back like we were (thanks to 2 potty breaks right at the beginning).  He then asked me if Tyler was going to win the race and I told him it wasn't a race and he asked "but if Tyler's really fast and he wins, does that mean he doesn't have to be sick anymore?"...broke my heart, this little guy loves his cousin so much. 

So anyway, here are a few pictures I managed to snap that day, it was a little crazy with all three kids there, but it was still a lot of fun and of course, we are hoping and praying that this will be the year they find a cure for our sweet Tyler. 







1 comment:

Kim said...

Good looking bunch in those awesome green TEAM TY shirts! And that bottom picture of Charlotte is just too cute!

Sure was good to see you the other night, but I SO wish we could have gotten together for a visit while we were there. :( I really would have loved that. Seems like our time up there is always so, so short, I just hate it. :(

Anyhow, loved seeing you and your smile!

Love ya girlie!