Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Timothy!

Can you believe this sweet little baby is two years old now?



Timothy's birthday was this past Saturday and I still can't believe it's been two years since this wonderful gift from God came into our lives. He has been such a blessing to us and it's so amazing to watch him grow and learn and know that God has entrusted Brandon and I with this gift. I don't know if it's an extra dose of pregnancy hormones or what, but this birthday was so much more emotional than last years. Even today, I ran by the house after I dropped him off at day care on my way to work and happened to turn the TV on and Finding Nemo was on and I watched like 10 minutes of it and cried like a baby.

Timothy was born 11 minutes past his due date at 12:11 am on Wednesday April 19, 2006. I woke up at 3:30 am on the 18th with labor pains and knew it was the beginning of the real thing. They weren't too bad and not too close together but I couldn't sleep so I got up and shaved my legs (of course!!) and waited until Brandon got up. I decided to go on into work because the contractions had slowed down a lot and I thought I may have been wrong...by noon I was feeling them again so I decided to go home. I had a doctor's appointment that afternoon and told them I had been having contractions but of course when they put me on the monitor nothing happened so she told me to go home and wait until they were closer together and then come to the hospital. We went home and decided to walk around the neighborhood until they got closer...so we made about 2 circles around the block and then I knew it was time. They were about 5 minutes apart (luckily we only lived 5 minutes from the hospital) so we headed back. When I got in and they checked me, I was already dilated to a 6 so I was able to go straight to a delivery room and get my epidural. That was probably around 9pm...three hours later...there he was! I only had to push for half an hour, it was great. The best part for me, and the part I'll never forget, was when he came out and was crying and they laid him on my chest and I started talking to him and he just stopped crying and stared at me like, hey, I know you! It was so amazing. I can't wait to do it all again.

Two years later...he is the sweetest and funniest little boy I know. For example, Sunday night we got in the car to go to church and he was throwing a fit about something and I got into the drivers seat and looked back and said, "Timothy, these are the days that mommy just wants to scream sometimes" and he looked back at me and said, "Mommy, I need ice cream". I couldn't help laughing. He is so smart and helpful and he loves to go to church and to Bible class. Don't get me wrong, he definitely has his moments and "no" is a regular word around our house. But the blessings are so abundant I can't help but smile.

Onto the stats...he had his two year check up today and he came in at a whopping 30 pounds 12 ounces, 37 inches tall. He's HUGE!! Off the charts for height and head measurements...and around the 75th for his weight. She said everything else looked great and he seemed like a healthy happy little boy.

His birthday party was on his birthday and we celebrated with all the grandparents and lots of family and friends. He had a blast, he was so tired that night. He loves all of his toys, I think his car and his golf clubs are the top picks. I'm sure his sand/water table will be a hit once it warms up and we can go outside. That was the other memorable event of the day...it SNOWED!! It has actually snowed every day since Friday night...crazy!! I'm so ready for spring, it's not even funny.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has been a part of his life these past two years, I know you've all had a hand in helping him to be the wonderful child of God that he is and Brandon and I appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

Happy Birthday, Timothy! You are going to be a great big brother! And I have to say, very sweet words...I sat here and couldn't help but think of our boys, and agree with everything you wrote about him. Aren't little boys so precious? And your little girl will be too! So excited for yall! Have a blessed weekend! Love, Kim