Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cars and Christmas

I know it's a little late for Christmas, but we've been busy and I haven't felt like typing when I am on the computer, but Timothy's taking a nap and I've cleaned up the house so here I am! We spent Christmas this year in TX, we trade off every year, one year we go down for Thanksgiving, the next for Christmas, you get the idea. I ordered most of our gifts online this year and just had them shipped to Brandon's parent's house. We only had to ship a couple of boxes back too, so not too bad. We were able to be there for the whole week of Christmas and had a good time catching up with family and friends. Timothy discovered how much fun it is to ride on the tractor and woke up every morning asking, "Tractor? Dustin? Papa?"...it was cute. Here are some Christmas pictures.















Back at home, we've been having fun fixing up the new house. I finally decided how I want to do Timothy's big boy room, so as soon as Brandon gets back we're going to get started. We need to replace all the window screens before we can paint so that we can open the windows and then the next step is to paint the trim white and paint the walls and eventually paint his big boy bed. I haven't decided yet if I want to just use the double size bed we have in there or get him bunk beds, but we've got some time to decide I guess.

He has become addicted to the movie Cars. It's a cute movie and all, but when you watch it two or three times a day, it gets a little annoying. He's so cute when he watches it though, he knows when the Disney castle is coming on at the very beginning before the movie starts and he'll yell, "castle!" and sing with the music and then when the little Pixar lamp jumps out he yells, "hoppy, hoppy, hoppy, light!" and then when Lightning McQueen is getting ready to race Timothy sits on the couch chanting, "speed, speed, speed". He can say Lightning McQueen, but it sounds more like Nite Nite the King and he can say Mater, but it sounds weird too.

He will sing more songs with me now too. He'll sing Wheels on the Bus, and Frosty the Snowman, Row Your Boat, Spiderman, Are you Sleeping, and I think that's about it for now. He says "love you" but it sounds like "luh ooo" and whenever we change his diaper he'll say "up we go" when he's done. No progress on the potty yet, the only time he'll go now is when we put him on there, he doesn't tell us he needs to go anymore, but hey, it was good while it lasted. He's such a big boy, he knows how to wash his own hands, he loves to help us with whatever we're doing. Last night he "helped" me empty the dishwasher.

Anyway, that's about it for now, we're just hanging in there trying to survive another week until Brandon gets home. I hate these two week classes. At least it's not during closing so I can get to work late and leave early. Oh well, pray for us!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hey Lindsay - of course I remember you. Glad you left a message on my blog. Your family is so cute and I'm glad you are doing well. Yes, shopping for boys can be a bit of a challenge. Luckily living in the south, I can find children's boutiques that carry a lot of the smocked outfits for little boys. There are several in Peachtree City and Newnan that I still go to (or shop over the phone) - I also will shop online some. Honestly I've enjoyed shopping for Ethan more than Nina because it's more of a challenge - Nina, you walk into a store and you have 20 different things to choose from and with Ethan you'll have 2! HA! I've also liked Janie and Jack for boys - have you ever looked there, or online for them? I didn't know if you were into (or if your husband allowed it...ha) the smocked clothes. If so, let me know and I can point you in the right direction for finding them online. Anyways, hope the rest of your family is doing well. I've enjoyed looking at Stacia's blog - her pics are amazing! Tell everyone hello! Take care!