Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Worst Thing Ever (at least for tonight)...

Hands down, has got to be watching your daughter fall backwards down a flight of 10 hardwood stairs...yep, that's what happened tonight. Charlotte was coming up the stairs, turned to laugh at something, lost her grip and there she went. Head over feet, all the way down the stairs, screaming as loud as she could. I was at the top of the stairs and was running down after her trying to catch her and trying not to cry myself. It was pretty bad. She cried for a while, I gave her some Motrin, she calmed down after a bit and now has a lovely big black bumpy bruise over her right eye. Poor girl, thankfully she seemed to be doing fine by bed time, playing and talking and eating and drinking like normal, so I'm just hoping she's not in too much pain tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Charlotte! I know how horrible it is to see your kids get hurt. I am totally fine if someone came up to me with their head chopped off. I would assist them and take charge. But if Mabry so much as falls over I am a total basket case. I can feel my stomach sink and I get weak in the knees.
Praying that Miss C is ok in the morning.

Lindsay said...

She's fine today, just a nice bruise over her eye! I did give her some more Motrin this morning, I'm guessing if anything she was probably sore!! I know what you mean though, I can handle seeing other people get hurt, but I fall apart when it's my own kids!!