Wednesday, July 14, 2010

News Flash


I think most of the people that actually read this already knew, but just in case...we're expecting baby York #3 sometime around February 19th!! We had planned to start trying and were a little surprised it happened so quickly, but obviously we were thrilled! I hadn't planned to announce it for another month or so, especially since there have been some problems, but after talking to Brandon and talking to my mom, I decided that it's true...the more people there are praying for this little one, the better.
I have been feeling OK, tired and queasy most of the day, but nothing too horrible. The worst part has been the constant bleeding (and yes, this is a warning, if you don't want to read about the blood and stuff, you might as well stop here). I started spotting around 6 and a half weeks, freaked out - which I think is normal - but thankfully I had an appointment with my doctor the next morning. I went in, expecting the worse, but as soon as she started the ultrasound she picked up a heartbeat and showed me our little guy (girl?) on the screen. She told me not to worry about the spotting, that it was normal, so I went home feeling better and tried to ignore the spotting over the weekend.
The next week (last week) it picked up more and by Wednesday it was bleeding and a few small bits of tissue were in there a couple of times. I called the doctor and she told me to go straight to the ER. I freaked out again, called Brandon to come home and we all headed to the ER. Four hours later, I went home with a piece of paper telling me that the baby was OK but there was still a threat of miscarriage and I needed to follow up with Dr. W. as soon as possible. Meanwhile the bleeding has stopped, so I went to see Dr. W. on Friday, expecting to hear that I needed to be scheduled for a D&C...but again, the ultrasound started and there was the baby, growing and heart beating and everything looked fine. She told me that as long as I wasn't bleeding heavy or cramping heavy that the bleeding wasn't cause to worry...easy for her to say, since she's not the one that has to see it every day...but nonetheless, I feel better now that the baby is OK and I just have to put up with this bleeding and pray that it ends soon!
So please keep us in your prayers, that the bleeding will stop and the baby will continue to grow and be healthy. I got back to see Dr. W. on the 30th so I'll be 11 weeks by then, almost out of the "danger zone". And I know the ultrasound picture I posted isn't the best, but we don't have a scanner, so I had to take a picture of it with my camera, not the best way to do it, but still, it's our baby at almost 8 weeks!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

WOOHOO!!! You already know, but I am so excited for yall! Still thinking of you and praying for you daily; I know yall are covered in prayer by so many, and what a blessing that is! Hope you get to feeling better soon, and that all the bleeding stops. I've been there...no fun!

Holly Scott DeGroot said...

hey linds,
was actually praying for you and the lil one this morn after finding about about him/her yesterday on fb. but i had no idea all of this was going on. am so sorry and will def keep praying!
xoxo
holly

Tamra said...

I was wondering when I'd hear an announcement from y'all! I'm super excited, and definitely praying the bleeding will stop, you'll have peace in your heart, and baby will keep on growing like a champ!

gloria said...

Definitely praying for all yall's safety.