Tuesday, June 01, 2010

There's a First Time for Everything!!

Anyone that has known me for a while knows that I have always hated running. I hated it in high school when we had to run for so long at volleyball practice (I mean, really? Why do volleyball players have to also be long distance runners?) and I hated in PE when we'd have to run a mile for a grade. I have always hated running. But, I decided a couple months ago that I needed to do something to get myself in better shape so I started the Couch to 5K program (which works really well, by the way) and this past Saturday I did my first ever 5K!!! I didn't run the whole thing, but I finished it and that's HUGE for me! I would have done much better if a certain little girl and boy had decided to sleep the night before so I could have had a good night's rest...but at least the next one I do should definitely be better, so that's always incentive to keep trying! It was a lot of fun though, and I'm definitely glad I did it. And I'm thankful that Christi and Larena ran it with me so we could all celebrate together. Here are a couple pictures from before the race. I'm planning to do another one in October so I've got plenty of time to build up for that!!

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

Yay for you! SO proud of you! I miss running...but these 3 kids and a husband who is gone so much...it makes it difficult to get out! At least that's my excuse. :) Surely someday soon I'll be back to my running self. Anyhow, so very proud of you and glad you are feeling so good about running! Keep it up!!!