Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Updates

So I feel bad that I've been posting pictures without really giving any update as to what has been going on in our house for the last month. We have been so busy and dealing with colds and doctors and medicine and potty training attempts and sleepless nights so when I do sit at the computer I just haven't felt up to typing much and I don't really feel like it today so consider yourselves lucky :)

I'll start with Charlotte - she got hit pretty bad with the whole weather-changing allergy deal going on here and then that turned into an ear infection so we had some major runny nose days and coughing and congestion which meant crying every time I wiped her nose, filling up the aspirator every day, running the humidifier every night and a trip to our new urgent care center. By the way, I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I got one of those battery-operated aspirators for her and it's the BEST thing ever. No more yucky rubber bulb syringe and no screaming baby, it's great. It even plays music and I think it's much more effective at cleaning noses. Plus you can take it apart and wash it out real good so I know it's clean! Now that she's on medicine, she's back to her normal smiley self, just still not sleeping well. She usually goes down around 7 or 8 and then sometimes wakes up around 11, goes back down and sleeps till 3 or 4 and then is up pretty much every hour or two after that. She still naps ok which is nice, but I'm exhausted!! She started eating rice cereal a few weeks ago and did pretty well with it, we've added sweet potatoes this week and so far she seems to like them! She hates her medicine though. She's sitting up better on her own now, she still has to prop herself up on her arms, but it's getting there. She can push up on her arms all the way now but no crawling yet (thank goodness). She is grabbing at EVERYTHING now though and I have to watch what I carry in my hands with her. The other day she picked up my cup at a restaurant and dropped it on the floor (on my legs)...nice. She goes to the doctor next week for her 6 month check up. They weighed her at urgent care, but they didn't have a baby scale so they weighed me holding her and then me by myself...really what I wanted to do that night...but she had a wet diaper on and she was wrapped in a blanket cause it was chilly and she had a cold so they said she weighed 18 pounds, but I really doubt it. I'm thinking more around 16.5. She has such a sweet smile though, I just love it.

Timothy - cracks me up every day. He loves the Mama Mia soundtrack that I got for Christmas so now when we're in the car he asks to listen to either Honey Honey or Mama Mia and asks me to "turn it so loud please". He listens to everything that goes on around him, and it's hilarious to hear how he translates things. We took him to the zoo on Saturday and he kept saying we were going to the "suitcases". He loves to eat "belly jelly samiches" (pb&j sandwiches), and now when he plays Star Wars one of us gets to be Darth Baber, he's Starwalker, we play with our light sabers and he has to say"oh, you are my fader (father)" every time he "wins". I tell ya, I laugh every day at this kid! We tried potty training, but it hasn't been successful so far, he's just really not into it. It's hard to find the time to do it too with Charlotte, cause I have to feed her and change her diaper and he's just not understanding the whole "tell mommy when you have to go potty" part of this. Oh well, we'll try again later. I was hoping to have him done by his birthday, but it's just not looking like that will happen. Hopefully that won't be a problem when it comes to daycare. He's real big into copying what other people do...we have to sit like a daddy and dance like a Grumpy and he wraps his blanket around him and tells me he's like a Brittany and he cries like a Charlotte...it's funny to see what he associates other people with and what he remembers. That's his other new thing...every sentence starts with "member when I..." it can be like two seconds after he does something and I'll hear, "mommy, member when I crashed my cars on the table?". It's cute. He's also very aware now when I'm not paying attention to him and if I don't look when and where he asks me to he's sure to point it out and make sure I'm looking "this way". He's so sweet though, he likes to get his blankie at night and curl up next to me on the couch and cuddle, I soak up every single minute of it.

Brandon - not much to update there :) He does like his new job and loves his new truck. He still has every other Friday off of work so we enjoy having him home on those days. We're heading over to his parent's house this weekend for Easton's birthday so we're excited to see family and he's excited that we only have to drive there!

Me - not much else going on :) Busy as ever with these two little ones. I am supposed to go back to work in March so I'm really not looking forward to that, I've been home for six months, I don't want to go back now! It's only temporary though so that's nice to know. I'm very excited to go to the eye doctor tonight and get new glasses and contacts though, my old contacts hurt soooo bad I have the worst headache from them. The kids and I are leaving on the 16th to fly up to WA for a week so I'm really excited for that.

So that's life in our house these days. I have a really funny video of Timothy that I've been trying to post, but it hasn't been working so I'll just keep trying.

No comments: