Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Update

Well it looks as though our new little one is on its way to heaven. I got my test results back from Saturday and my hormone levels had dropped pretty low and I'm still bleeding and cramping so I'm thinking this one is over. So, I've decided that it was a boy and his name is Henry (since Brandon refuses to let me name any of our sons Henry - this is as good as it gets) and our little Henry is in heaven now and I'll see him someday so it's ok. I still have to go do another blood test on Friday, but I don't really see the point. I'm a little mad at my doctor, but I'll probably just find another one and move on.

It's been harder than I thought. We were only about 6 or 7 weeks along, but I didn't realize how attached I had become to the little guy! For the most part I've been ok, but I've had a couple of moments of breaking down and crying for a little while. I've still been going to work, but I think I'm going to have a little talk with my boss about reducing my work load during month end. Did you know that job-related stress increases your risk of miscarriage by three times? I guess since things were so easy with Timothy when I got pregnant I just thought they would be easy this time too, but oh well. So we'll wait until all this stupid bleeding is done and I feel better and then start trying again.

So in other news...Timothy is still really interested in the potty. I did buy him some pull-ups and he seems to like them (except for the fact that he can take them off himself, I don't like that very much!). He doesn't go in the potty 100% of the time, probably only 30%, but hey, it's a start!

He has become quite the challenge when it comes to discipline though. I took him out a few weeks ago in church to spank him and decided to just spank on the diaper and it totally didn't even phase him and when we walked out of the bathroom he announced, "all done!" so we've moved to spanking on the side on his leg...it's been much more efficient. He also still occasionally throws his food at the table and I was popping him on the hand for it and last night he threw something and Brandon and I both looked at him and he started hitting his own hand, I had to get up and walk away, I was trying so hard not to laugh! It's been nice to have some humour and sweet hugs and kisses this week.

No pictures tonight, I did take some of him today in his pull-ups and on his potty, but the cameras downstairs and I'm too tired to get it tonight. I'll try to get them up later. We're putting up our Christmas tree on Saturday though so I'll get pictures of that too. Happy early Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Kim W. said...

Lindsay...I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be thinking of you. Although I don't know exactly what you are feeling, I can only imagine, as that has been one of my fears with each of my pregnancies. I am thinking of you, and am so sorry. I will be anxious to hear good news again very soon that God is blessing yall with another precious little baby.

And can I just say I am totally impressed with Timothy being interested in the potty? WOW! Jake isn't anywhere close, and he's 20 months. Any secrets? :)

Anyway, that's it for now, but know I will be thinking of you.

Love,
Kim

Jamey said...

We're sorry to hear this news as well. It seems to me that I got closer to my little embryo the second time around a lot faster than I did the first time. I guess because you can imagine the wonderful things to come. So, your sadness is completely understandable.

Hopefully your work load can be reduced so the stress level won't interfere the next time around.

Kristen said...

Lindsay, I just found your blog through Jamey...I am so sorry about your miscarriage. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14 weeks. I'm sure I've had a lot of the same thoughts and feelings as you. If you want someone to talk it through with you I am available! Please email or call me. Let me know if you need that information to do so. Love you!