Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Today was a busy busy day. We started the morning early, someone decided to wake up at 7:30 which is early for him on a Saturday. We went to Tyler's soccer game at 11 and they won and Tyler scored!! It was weird because when we left our house it was 65 and sunny and when we got to Tacoma for the game it was 50 and foggy. Oh well. It warmed up and it was a beautiful day! We came home after the game and I put Timothy down for a nap and Brandon went outside to mow and after about 20 minutes I went up to check on Timothy and he was standing in his crib with the blinds pulled up watching Brandon mow so we decided to head down to the pumpkin patch early since he wasn't going to nap. He did end up falling asleep in the car and slept for about an hour so that was nice.

We got to the pumpkin patch and decided to go ahead and find out pumpkins and get them in the car and then take our time walking around and checking out all the fun stuff. We found two huge pumpkins and then I got some of the little white and orange tiger baby pumpkins, they're really cute. So once that was done we walked all over the place and checked out all the attractions. Timothy wasn't too sure about this one thing they had, it was a corn-shooter, they would put an ear of corn down in a tube thingie and then shoot it up in the air to see who could shoot it the farthest and it was loud and every time someone would do it he would scream. It got to be funny once he got used to it, but he was really scared of it in the beginning. We met the Herkens and their friends there and the boys had fun running around and playing with all the stuff there.

We left from the pumpkin patch to go to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Ethan's 2nd birthday. It was packed, but we managed to fund two tables in the toddler area so that was nice so the kiddos hung out and ate pizza and played and we got to sit and talk and relax a bit. Candice made an Elmo cake for Ethan so we all got some yummy cake!

So needless to say, we're all tired. Timothy crashed when we got home and I'm on my way to bed now. Some new things that he's picked up before I go - he repeats pretty much anything you say to him now and his favorite phrase is, "Where'd it go?", he says that about everything, it's so cute. He also loves to dance now, like with hand motions and things, he loves the "Wheels on the Bus" song and he can sing "Row Row Row Your Boat" pretty well too. He also loves m&m's. He's cutting like all of his bottom teeth right now, we saw two of them the other day coming in, and then today he was crying pretty big and I saw at least one molar coming in down there too. Poor guy, he's only had two bottom teeth for so long, this should be a big adjustment! He's also become very cuddly lately. He likes to play with his toys and run around, but he also will just come and sit next to me on the couch and bring a book or a magazine and we just sit and read. I love those moments.

Anyway, I should get to bed, here's some of my favorite pictures from today. I didn't think I had taken that many, but when I downloaded them it said there were 83! Enjoy!


This year's pumpkin patch picture


Last year's pumpkin patch picture

The pumpkins are that way daddy!


This year's picture with mommy



Last year's picture with mommy



Walking in the pumpkins


I love this face - the "Look at me, I'm running away from you!" face


Such a sweetie!


Timothy and Ethan checking out the bunnies


Big boys


Playing at Chuck E Cheese


Birthday cake time! Happy Birthday Ethan!

Yummy Elmo cake!

1 comment:

Jamey said...

I love comparison pictures. It's hard to see everyday how much they are changing until you see what they were like last year. He looks like a happy little man!