Saturday, October 21, 2006

Joining the Crowd

So Brandon thinks it's a waste of time to start blogging, but what better way to keep in touch with old college friends and family? I was putting posts on our myspace site, but that got old and I don't really enjoy seeing people from my high school or all the weird and crazy invites that you get on there from people you obviously don't know and would never want to know. So here we are.

I imagine this will mostly be a way to share all of my crazy Timothy stories, he's hilarious and the source of constant entertainment. He just turned 6 months old yesterday and it seems like it's only been a few weeks. From what I hear, it never slows down. He's just started pulling up on his hands a knees like he really really wants to crawl but just can't quite figure out how to move forward yet, which is fine with me! I'm hoping we can move out of this yucky old house before he becomes mobile. All the hardwood floors and the icky old rug don't make for good crawling conditions!

Just to update those of ya'll that we haven't really talked to in a while...we're still in WA. Brandon is working for the Army as a contract specialist in the medical department so basically (from what I understand) he has to find surgeons and other medical people for the Army hospital to hire, it's a whole bidding process and I don't understand it at all, but he loves it so that's all that matters. He was able to get in this two year program back in May where he'll go from a GS-7 to a GS-11 in two years...anyone that knows anything about government pay grades knows that that is a good deal so we're happy for him. There's a chance that he might be able to transfer back down South too when his two years are up, so we could end up in San Antonio or Little Rock!

My job is the same as always, I'm still working for Weyerhaeuser in accounting and still trying to get out. I know that I have to work, but I've found that accounting is just not for me. So I'm in the process of finding something new and hopefully part time. We're hoping to move next month into a better and bigger house. Anyone that has seen our house knows that it is more trouble than it's worth.

Timothy is growing by leaps and bounds. He was above the 95th percentile for his height (29 inches already!) and somewhere around the 80th for his weight (19 pounds!). He's the funniest baby I've ever seen. He can make you laugh just by looking at you. He makes the silliest faces and the craziest sounds. We just started him on solids a couple of weeks ago and it is quite the chore to feed him. He wants to grab the spoon and then he gets both hands inside his mouth and starts to spit, but he eats! We all have to take a bath when he's done, but he loves it. We're going to today to get some pictures made in his Halloween costume, he's going to be a turtle. I can't wait, I've never been more excited for Halloween!

Well hopefully I won't let my house go to waste while I sit here and type, but I do hope that we can connect with friends and family on here. Nap time seems so short, I can hear the boy starting to play with his pacifier now...guess that means it's time to go!

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Yahoo!! Another blogger! Welcome!

Jamey said...

by the way, my blog is jameysimpson.blogspot.com and there's a link to kenny's from there.

Kenny Simpson said...

Glad to hear from you Yorks. You know there is also a base in Montgomery...

Lindsay said...

I've been keeping up with ya'll, sounds like ya'll are enjoying Montgomery! I wouldn't mind living down there...it is close to some crazy relatives though, that could be interesting!